Trying to get CKeditor to work

Hi,

I have unzipped the file and uploaded to the plugins directory and does not work. I have activated it but does nothing. In configuration, are shown the name of the labels instead of the labels themselves (ex., L_UPLOAD_DIR : instead of Upload directory). Any idea of what can happen?

Thanks in advance.

Réponses

• StéphaneStéphane Member, Former PluXml Project Manager
    Hi
    Check file and folder rights

Consultant PluXml

Ancien responsable du projet (2010 à 2018)

• Hi Stéphane,

I have given 0777 permissions to all CKeditor and files without success. Should I give permissions to another folder?

Thanks in advance.
  • One more thing.

I have uploaded Pluxml editor (trying to substitute CKeditor) and it does not appear in Plugins in administration site.

Thanks
  • Is you file tree like that :
    plugins/
    |_ckeditor/
    |_ckeditor/
    |_doc/
    |_kcfinder/
    |_lang/
    |_lightbox/
    |_syntaxhighlighter/
    |_changelog.txt
    |_ckeditor.php
    |_config.php
    |_icon.png
    |_infos.xml
  • Jerry,

My file tree is just like the one you have posted. Perhaps I will have to install all again.

Regards
  • Hi,

A bit more of information. When CKeditor is active, the area for contents in article disappears (I can't write in it).

Regards
  • Hi,

I have reinstalled everything with the same result. When CKeditor is active, writing areas disappear. Can it be a problem with versions?
    Help needed. Thanks in advance.
  • Could you tell me if you have the same trouble with spxtynimce please : plugin here

best,

jeje
  • rcastelletrcastellet Member
    février 2014 modifié
    Hi je-evrard,

I have tried your plugin. Let me say before anything else that is fantastic. For the moment, better than others.
    I have the same problem but I have spotted the reason. It is a language problem. If the administrator language is not french, then disappears. It happens the same with CKEditor. It does not work even with english (I tried spanish but obviously did not work because there is not such a language translation in the plugin). If I can work in english, it would do for the moment.

Congrat for your great work!

Thanks. Regards.
  • Just another (probably silly) question. Trying to attach a file in an article, I open the Media Management screen to upload the file. Everything goes fine except that once uploaded I don't know how to select it and make it appear in the text. No double click, no drag-and-drop, no OK button, ...

Thanks again. Regards.
  • Could you check this please in english ? new version :)
Connectez-vous ou Inscrivez-vous pour répondre.