Maybe it's about time ! Coucou PluXml.

mai 2021 modifié dans Discussions générales

back to PluXml after 10 years and then a couple of month later , i realize, that not much happen for PluXml in facts beside its core. It is still a small CMS missing the main attributes to be easily spread and used. No way to install it from a single automated file, unless you use KzInstall. Updates requires to be able to backup your data folder, but also the theme and plugins folder, lol I remember my sister's look when i set her first website online ...first amazed and then scared and sorry thinking she would not be able to use it !

Its about time to think about those 101 functions :

• easy install
  • easy updates
  • easy find, install,use, update plugins
  • Stop playing geek around, each new version should come with an update of the official plugins, so they keep working and also improve.
    As soon as a User gets stuck on one of these situations, you sure it becomes a wordpress(or else) addict. Why ? , because it's easy and keeps working !

For instance, I Just add a look at the PlxMySearch plugin and very fast found a few bugs (that i was able to fix, that's fortunate ... for me only) :

• it dislikes articles related to more than one categorie (turned a string to an array and a loop)
  • it will get false positive if your search word appears to be matching an attribute, or value attribute (added strip_tags()).
  • else ? (I did not notice anything else yet beside the p olding an ol ! )

Official plugins (or at least most wanted/needed) are also not part of the latest archive avalaible for install, it should be to avoid new lambda user getting lost or frustrated. Have you ever looked for that very plugin you need, with your own (naive because your not a geek) words ?.

What's happening here ? Something great at first about 10 years later. PluXml is still around, and being updated (even that the original code is still quiet around , many functions similar did not merge into a single one, but it's on its way from what I saw so far) ! That was my first and good surprise.
I''m like most of us hanging around here. i can write a litlle bit of code and have fun doing it, but that's not what regular CMS user expects, it should install on a click, update on a click and easily find and install a plugin (some of them should already be part of PluXml itself Search, Contact, gallery, editor... , so other plugins can extend their basic function and follow updates) .

Why do I complain?

• probably because that's in my DNA (I'm french if you're not ;) )
  • Mostly because i'm fed up to hear , sounds great, but how do I install it on my own, create my page, update it, add a search form, a gallery and a contact form that is easy to add, not buggy and easy to use ? If those questions seems legitimate in most case, there are not from a devopps or people already familiar with the use of a CMS (that's real personal experience and actual ).

So what's next after PluXml 6.0 ? Will it be a PluXml willing to be A French Super Hero or still being an undercover CMS for bored off-duty coders ?

Note that: to me if PluXml is to switch to json instead xml, it's fine with me. The xml part did not reach my first expectation back then and now anyway.

Pourquoi ce post en anglais ? bah .justement, on parlait d'ouvrir le forum aux anglophone il y a plus de dix ans déjà.

Quant aux autres aspects évoqués, je suis persuadé que beaucoup (re)découvrant cette pépite seraient heureux, fier d'y participer et d'y apporter leur expertises où d'y trouver une vocation . Je regrette personnellement de ne pas avoir ce niveau d'expertise pour booster PluXml.

Bonne fin de printemps à tous, on finira bien par se lâcher (déconfiné).

Sinon, pas de méprises ! J'ai un Gros respect pour tout ceux qui tiennent PluXml sur leurs épaules et à bout de bras et qui font que PluXml existe toujours.

Cordialement,
gcyrillus

Mon site PluXml: https://re7net.com | Plugins: https://ressources.pluxopolis.net/banque-plugins/index.php?all_versions | demos sur free http://gcyrillus.free.fr/new | Thèmes: tester et télécharger @ https://pluxthemes.com
Indiquez [RESOLU] dans le titre de votre question une fois le soucis réglè, Merci

Réponses

• cpalocpalo Member
    mai 2021 modifié

Bonjour... Hello...

"back to PluXml after 10 years and then a couple of month later , i realize, that not much happen for PluXml in facts beside its core. It is still a small CMS missing the main attributes to be easily spread and used. No way to install it from a single automated file, unless you use KzInstall. anyway"

"de retour à PluXml après 10 ans, puis quelques mois plus tard, je me rends compte, qu'il ne se passe pas grand-chose pour PluXml dans les faits à côté de son noyau. Il s'agit toujours d'un petit CMS manquant les principaux attributs pour être facilement diffusé et utilisé. Aucun moyen de l'installer à partir d'un seul fichier automatisé, sauf si vous utilisez KzInstall. en tous cas."

Oh que si.. et je viens.; et je dois.. continuer de travailler avec WordPress .; qui de plus est en train de vivre une "revolution" pour les integrateurs et les "pseudos-integrateurs".
    C'est ce qui me plait le plus plus dans PluXml.. le "copier-coller' et tout est ok immédiatement...
    Le second plaisir pour un intégrateur on rentre dans le code.; on met les mains dans le cambouis sans chercher midi à 14h... et on obtient très rapidement et sans chercher longuement comment modifier le html et le css de son thème!!!
    Allez.; testez la même chose avec WordPress et ou tous ces sites gratuits en ligne..!!!
    Mais une condition au préalable: tester - découvrir - apprendre - apprivoiser.. on n'a plein d'autres mots.; et on aura son environnement personnel qui nous conviendra..

Oh yes .. and I'm coming .; and I have to .. continue working with WordPress.; which moreover is going through a "revolution" for the integrators and the "pseudos-integrators".
    This is what I like most about PluXml .. the "copy and paste" and everything is ok immediately ...
    The second pleasure for an integrator is to get into the code .; we put our hands in the sludge without looking for noon to 2 p.m. ... and we get very quickly and without looking for a long time how to modify the html and the css of his theme !!!
    Come on .; test the same thing with WordPress and or all these free online sites .. !!!
    But a prerequisite: testing - discovering - learning - taming .. we do not have many other words .; and we will have our personal environment that suits us ..

• cpalocpalo Member
    mai 2021 modifié

"Its about time to think about those 101 functions :
    easy install
    easy updates
    easy find, install,use, update plugins
    Stop playing geek around, each new version should come with an update of the official plugins, so they keep working and also improve.
    As soon as a User gets stuck on one of these situations, you sure it becomes a wordpress(or else) addict. Why ? , because it's easy and keeps working !"

Il est temps de réfléchir à ces 101 fonctions:
    installation facile
    mises à jour faciles
    trouver, installer, utiliser, mettre à jour facilement les plugins
    Arrêtez de jouer au geek, chaque nouvelle version devrait être accompagnée d'une mise à jour des plugins officiels, afin qu'ils continuent à fonctionner et à s'améliorer.
    Dès qu'un utilisateur est bloqué sur l'une de ces situations, vous êtes sûr qu'il devient un addict de wordpress (ou autre). Pourquoi ? , parce que c'est facile et continue de fonctionner!

Aucune différence avec PluXml excepté que ce n'est pas automatique et que surtout, et c'est là le gros problème, c'est que les plugins, qui pour la plupart ne sont pas "officiels" ne sont pas forcément mis à jour régulièrement.!
    Alors non les mises à jour automatiques de WordPress.. OK.. que je j'aime cette fonction ( vous pensez réellement que je suis sincère en écrivant cela) tous ces mails que je reçois pour me dire que WordPress ou certaines extensions ont été mises à jour!! ( Ok je peux paramétrer pour empêcher cela).
    Par contre un dépôt "officiel" de plugins "officiels" comme cela a été le cas avec les plugins de Stéphane et avec l'obligation de les mettre à jour à chaque nouvelle version de PluXml.; alors oui...
    Et puis pour les intégrateurs, quand est-ce qu'un plugin est vraiment nécessaire...Par exemple un plugin pour prism ou juste deux lignes de code dans le template de page?

No difference with PluXml except that it is not automatic and above all, and this is the big problem, is that the plugins, which for the most part are not "official", are not necessarily updated regularly. .!
    So no WordPress automatic updates .. OK .. I like this feature (you really think I'm being sincere in writing this) all these emails I get telling me that WordPress or some plugins have been upgraded s up to date !! (Ok I can set to prevent this).
    On the other hand, an "official" repository of "official" plugins as was the case with Stéphane's plugins and with the obligation to update them with each new version of PluXml .; so yes...
    And then for integrators, when is a plugin really needed ... For example a plugin for prism or just two lines of code in the page template?

• glad it got a reaction, but i'm now afraid it looks like a complain :)
    flatté qu'il y ai des reactions, j'espere que l'on comprendra que je ne me plains pas.

@cpalo I agree with you, this is about what i'm saying, PluXml is for (very) few people still right now. But also still missing a couple of essential things to be a light and easy alternative, to wordpress or any others or just for a first time in that world , giving it a chance to spread a bit more.Lots of plugins request or issues(update, how to set a theme) are redundant here from almost the begining, there is about 10 years of datas about it here ;)
    Nous sommes d'accord, PluXml s'adresse (trop) à une minorité d'entre nous , mais je crois sincèrement qu'il lui manque quelque petite choses essentielles pour en faire une alternative simple et facile à utiliser , face a des wordpress ou autres , voir pour un premier projet, pour qu'il puisse se diffuser plus facilement. Nombre de demande de plugin ou soucis(moment des mise à jours, utilisation d'un thème) sont récurrents depuis le début quasiment, on a un historique sur plus d'une décennie.

I like PluXml and got back here for similar reason than yours beside the fact it has nothing to do with my job, else i would not be even here ;) It's missing users to have more people(and skills) and feedback around the project . It really does. the community is a tiny bit too small.
    Let's hope that the few people holding it together happens to never have no time no more for It .

J'aime PluXml et j'y reviens pour des raisons similaire aux tiennes, mis part le fait que je ne sois pas développeur et que cela n'ai rien à voir avec mon métier , autrement je ne serai même pas là. Il y a un manque d'utilisateurs pour qu'il y ai plus de monde ici (et compétences) et des retours utilisateurs autour de PluXml. Vraiment ! La communauté est un poil trop petite.

PluXml is easy, ... for us indeed.
    that's my own opnion, i probably have missed a few things meanwhile.

PluXml est facile ... pour nous c'est certain ;)
    C'est mon humble avis, j'ai peut-être zappé des trucs entre temps

Prenez soin de vous - take care

Cordialement,
    gcyrillus

Mon site PluXml: https://re7net.com | Plugins: https://ressources.pluxopolis.net/banque-plugins/index.php?all_versions | demos sur free http://gcyrillus.free.fr/new | Thèmes: tester et télécharger @ https://pluxthemes.com
    Indiquez [RESOLU] dans le titre de votre question une fois le soucis réglè, Merci

• HarukaHaruka PluXml Project Manager

Hi, thanks for your support, but please don't forget that PluXml is not supported by any company. I manage the project on my free time and bear the costs by my own with some help from donations. It's the same for contributors. Wordpress is run by Automattic, a company with full timed developers working on there projects. It's hard to compete.

You right PluXml needs to evolve, and we have a huge backlog as you can see in this conversation (french). PluXml 6 is currently under development, and will have some of this improvents. But unfortunately, I can not released as quick as Automattic does for Wordpress.

• cpalocpalo Member

Bonjour
    Ah j'oubliais ce que j'apprécie énormément c'est le forum en français.
    @P3ter
    Nous sommes bien conscients de tout ce travail bénévole....et je remercie toute l'équipe qui nous permet d'avoir un bel outil.
    PluXml convient très bien aux sites pour lesquels il a été fait. et un grand nombre de sites wordpress auraient pu; voir du être du fait, avec PluXml.
    Le plus gros challenge c'est aux utilisateurs de réussir à réaliser de "super" themes rivalisant avec ceux de WordPress ( mais qui sont payant et réalisés par des agences) afin de convaincre qu'il n'y avait pas besoin d'utiliser un outil disproportionné pour réaliser leur site..
    Très cordialement

• mai 2021 modifié

Hello @p3ter , thanks so much. I understand and this why i started this thread in (average) english.

Bonjour P3ter, Merci énormément. Je comprends bien et c'est pourquoi j'ai commencé ce fil en anglais (approximatif).

Wordpress is not the subject i wanted to bring up, i saw friends also switching to yoomla to create 5 pages, another giving up PluXml for a social network. (Too difficult to upload image and insert them in a article, also sorting article and catégories ..) , another one moved to wattpad.com ... The thing is , there is a big community each time with these tools ... also, a project is fast online ready to use. Updates is really not a thing they mind about, just that few % of the function they needed. By the past , i installed and put onlines a few PluXMl for association, even for a classroom in a scholl, friends. Most of the time, it was given up after a few month or a couple of years because edition was not that easy, no backup, nor draft (while editing an article) or because someone or a compagny takes it over and wipes it out because a database is what should be used.

Wordpress n'est pas ce que je voulais mettre en avant , j'ai vu des amis passé à yoomla pour 5 pages!, d'autres laissé tombé PluXml pour les réseaux sociaux(difficultés rédhibitoires : ajout d'images dans les article , tri articles/catégories), une autre est passé a wattpad.com ... Ce qu'il y a , c'est qu'a chaque fois il y a une grande communauté derrière ces outils, c'est aussi vite en ligne et prêt à être utilisé. Les MAJ ne sont vraiment pas le truc dont il se soucis, juste ces 2 ou 3 fonctions dont ils avait besoin. Par le passé, j'ai installe et mis en ligne plusieurs PluXml pour des associations, pour une classe d'école, amis. La plupart du temps, aprés quelque mois ou 1an ou 2 ils ont laissé tombé car l’édition d'article n'est pas si aisée, pas de backup ou de brouillon en cours d'édition (edition d'article) ou parce q'une autre personne ou entreprise reprend le projet en l'effaçant pour un système avec une BDD.

Themes, it is for the show and a must indeed, a few base should be enough. Too bad I guess Virtual Wizard has gone inactive.
    Les thèmes, pour la vitrine et l'emballage sont plutôt incontournable en effet, quelques thème de bases devrait se suffire. J'imagine que c'est dommage que Virtual Wizard soit en pause.

You need help from the community, it can hardly be a single man responsabilty IMHO. I'm sure you'd find more people to who delegate little big things to improve. Forums is the place to find people willing to help.

Vous avez besoin de l'aide de la communauté, cela peut difficilement être la responsabilité d'un seul. Je suis certain que trouver des gens a qui déléguer de petites choses importantes à faire évoluées est faisable. Les forums sont les endroits ou l'on trouve les gens prêt à aider.

If there is one thing i'm not looking forwards, this is to see PluXMl turning to be alike a wordpress or else CMS , it clearly plays elsewher, simple and frenchy is it's DNA i believe.

Si il y a un truc que je ne souhaite pas voir, c'est PluXMl devenir comme l'un de ces CMS à la Wordpress. Il ne joue clairement pas dans la même court. Simple et franchouillard , c'est son essence à mon avis.

... BTW, Would you open a English section on the forum to dump that thread in it ;) https://forum.pluxml.org/search?Search=english
    ... Sinon ajouteriez vous une section anglophone au forum pour y jeter ce fil de discussion ? ;)

Respects

Cordialement,
    gcyrillus

• bazooka07bazooka07 PluXml Lead Developer, Moderator

Hi,
    I think it's not a big job to add an "International" section as "Visual Wizard" or "PluCss" or "PluXml" like Arduino's forum :
    https://forum.arduino.cc/
    And several sub-sections for each language in PluXml. There are emojis for flags :
    https://emojipedia.org/search/?q=flag

We are several users for help in english.
    For others languages, it may be more difficult to find people for helping in the french people.

With this addition in this forum, we can hope to find contributors to PluXml outside France and french speaking countries

Connectez-vous ou Inscrivez-vous pour répondre.